As the editor for Supply Chain Dive, Edwin fancies himself a bit of a translator – bridging the gap between supply chain professionals and daily news events. Whether it’s a plant shutdown, a spike in freight rates or a policy shift, his newsletter always seeks to explore the “why” in each event. He says he feels lucky to be a reporter because when he doesn’t know an answer, people actually answer his phone call or e-mail.
He also considers himself lucky to have launched Supply Chain Dive in August 2016, a week prior to Hanjin Shipping’s bankruptcy. Prior to that, he briefly worked as an Associate Editor for BioPharma Dive; founded The Caravel, a D.C.-based foreign affairs newspaper; and received an undergraduate degree from Georgetown University. He grew up in the border towns of El Paso, Texas and Ciudad Juarez, Mexico – so ask him about NAFTA at your own risk.
512 ARTICLES BY Edwin Lopez
- Jan. 16, 2018 Kuehne + Nagel looks to invest in logistics tech startups
- Jan. 12, 2018 The UK's 25-year Green Brexit plan shows supply chains' potential
- Jan. 11, 2018 Is NAFTA dead?
- Jan. 9, 2018 Distributors fire back against opioid lawsuits
- Jan. 9, 2018 CSX brings back CN veteran to lead operations
- Jan. 8, 2018 Questions linger after CSX CEO's death
- Jan. 2, 2018 Trump: USPS should charge 'much more' for package delivery
- Dec. 29, 2017 Strikes, storms and fires disrupted supply chains in 2017
- Dec. 29, 2017 How operations made and broke supply chains in 2017
- Dec. 29, 2017 Was 2017 the year of the embattled supplier?
- Dec. 22, 2017 CSX names James Foote CEO
- Dec. 22, 2017 Logistically Minded: Report says autonomous trucks are 'inexorable'
- Dec. 21, 2017 World economies join together to enable e-commerce
- Dec. 20, 2017 Industry Pulse: November's carload decline is a glass half full
- Dec. 19, 2017 Strike in Brazil leads to long customs delays, stalled shipments
- Dec. 18, 2017 CSX CEO Hunter Harrison's sudden death rocks rail industry
- Dec. 15, 2017 Logistically Minded: Fed raises interest rates
- Dec. 13, 2017 4 steps ports can take to handle big ships
- Dec. 11, 2017 Healthcare supply chains are shifting as cost pressures rise
- Dec. 11, 2017 How can healthcare supply chains improve? Experts weigh in.
- Dec. 8, 2017 Logistically Minded: Manufacturers should focus on the future, not the past
- Dec. 6, 2017 ILA breaks off talks with USMX
- Dec. 6, 2017 EU clears COSCO's purchase of OOIL
- Dec. 5, 2017 Is grocery e-commerce just hype, or a supply chain disruptor?
- Dec. 4, 2017 Regulatory Shift of The Year: ELD Mandate