As the editor for Supply Chain Dive, Edwin fancies himself a bit of a translator – bridging the gap between supply chain professionals and daily news events. Whether it’s a plant shutdown, a spike in freight rates or a policy shift, his newsletter always seeks to explore the “why” in each event. He says he feels lucky to be a reporter because when he doesn’t know an answer, people actually answer his phone call or e-mail.
He also considers himself lucky to have launched Supply Chain Dive in August 2016, a week prior to Hanjin Shipping’s bankruptcy. Prior to that, he briefly worked as an Associate Editor for BioPharma Dive; founded The Caravel, a D.C.-based foreign affairs newspaper; and received an undergraduate degree from Georgetown University. He grew up in the border towns of El Paso, Texas and Ciudad Juarez, Mexico – so ask him about NAFTA at your own risk.
721 ARTICLES BY Edwin Lopez
- Dec. 13, 2018 What is the business case for computer vision in the supply chain?
- Dec. 11, 2018 FMC to create a Shipper Advisory Board
- Dec. 6, 2018 Breaking down 'deep concerns' about XPO Logistics
- Dec. 4, 2018 What is the business case for 3D printing in the supply chain?
- Dec. 3, 2018 Regulator of the Year: Rebecca Dye, Federal Maritime Commission
- Dec. 3, 2018 Business Decision of the Year: Maersk and IBM team up to form TradeLens
- Nov. 30, 2018 US, Mexico and Canada sign new trade deal
- Nov. 30, 2018 CSX is not ruling out a merger
- Nov. 29, 2018 Port drivers file wage claims with City of Los Angeles
- Nov. 28, 2018 Drone rules may not be finalized until 2022
- Nov. 27, 2018 What is the business case for autonomous vehicles in the supply chain?
- Nov. 25, 2018 Spot rates from China up 91% over last year
- Nov. 21, 2018 Truck market tightens ahead of Thanksgiving
- Nov. 20, 2018 Oakland, port work together on truck traffic
- Nov. 19, 2018 Soybean export declines yield slower rail volumes
- Nov. 13, 2018 Amazon to build supply chain hub in Nashville
- Nov. 13, 2018 As cargo peaks, port stakeholders worry tariffs may lead to a trough
- Nov. 13, 2018 What is the business case for augmented reality?
- Nov. 12, 2018 In Los Angeles, traffic efficiency begins at the ports
- Nov. 9, 2018 Port Optimizer gives cargo owners 2 weeks more notice, Long Beach pilot finds
- Nov. 9, 2018 Top ocean carriers reportedly plan global association
- Nov. 6, 2018 Procurement and IT band together as digital initiatives grow
- Nov. 5, 2018 FedEx announces rate increase for 2019
- Nov. 5, 2018 Tariffs push PriceSmart to shift distribution model
- Nov. 2, 2018 Maersk Line now allows instant booking