As the editor for Supply Chain Dive, Edwin fancies himself a bit of a translator – bridging the gap between supply chain professionals and daily news events. Whether it’s a plant shutdown, a spike in freight rates or a policy shift, his newsletter always seeks to explore the “why” in each event. He says he feels lucky to be a reporter because when he doesn’t know an answer, people actually answer his phone call or e-mail.
He also considers himself lucky to have launched Supply Chain Dive in August 2016, a week prior to Hanjin Shipping’s bankruptcy. Prior to that, he briefly worked as an Associate Editor for BioPharma Dive; founded The Caravel, a D.C.-based foreign affairs newspaper; and received an undergraduate degree from Georgetown University. He grew up in the border towns of El Paso, Texas and Ciudad Juarez, Mexico – so ask him about NAFTA at your own risk.
745 ARTICLES BY Edwin Lopez
- Feb. 1, 2019 Port of Rotterdam begins IoT-based operations
- Jan. 30, 2019 Port of Oakland makes truck turn times public
- Jan. 29, 2019 After 'Big Bang' in 2018, trucking market corrects
- Jan. 25, 2019 Ryder expands truck-sharing platform to Florida
- Jan. 24, 2019 Cargo surge leads to congestion at Southern California ports
- Jan. 22, 2019 UPS, Latch to offer in-building delivery in 10 more cities
- Jan. 18, 2019 Ocean Alliance extends deal until 2027
- Jan. 17, 2019 CSX 'hopes' no more lanes will be cut soon
- Jan. 16, 2019 Maersk, HMM, ZIM to charge 'street turn' fees in the US
- Jan. 14, 2019 Walmart plans high-tech consolidation center
- Jan. 14, 2019 FedEx pilots home delivery service for bulky goods
- Jan. 8, 2019 Union Pacific brings PSR vet out of retirement to lead transition
- Jan. 8, 2019 Daimler: There is 'no business case' for truck platooning
- Jan. 7, 2019 High ocean freight rates in December foreshadow expensive 2019
- Jan. 4, 2019 Environmental concerns loom after MSC loses 270 containers at sea
- Jan. 3, 2019 UK preps emergency supply chain as Brexit nears 'cliff-edge scenario'
- Jan. 2, 2019 Pacific nations welcome 2019 with new trade deal, tariff cuts
- Dec. 21, 2018 California tackled supply chain labor issues head on in 2018
- Dec. 21, 2018 Ethical sourcing standards took the spotlight in 2018
- Dec. 20, 2018 Ocean carriers adjust networks for 2019
- Dec. 20, 2018 What is the business case for cobots in the supply chain?
- Dec. 19, 2018 DHL to offer small shippers speedy delivery in 3 US cities
- Dec. 18, 2018 Cost-savings in Texas may explain weak November for rail
- Dec. 14, 2018 FMC will standardize language for detention, demurrage fees
- Dec. 13, 2018 What is the business case for computer vision in the supply chain?