As the editor for Supply Chain Dive, Edwin fancies himself a bit of a translator – bridging the gap between supply chain professionals and daily news events. Whether it’s a plant shutdown, a spike in freight rates or a policy shift, his newsletter always seeks to explore the “why” in each event. He says he feels lucky to be a reporter because when he doesn’t know an answer, people actually answer his phone call or e-mail.
He also considers himself lucky to have launched Supply Chain Dive in August 2016, a week prior to Hanjin Shipping’s bankruptcy. Prior to that, he briefly worked as an Associate Editor for BioPharma Dive; founded The Caravel, a D.C.-based foreign affairs newspaper; and received an undergraduate degree from Georgetown University. He grew up in the border towns of El Paso, Texas and Ciudad Juarez, Mexico – so ask him about NAFTA at your own risk.
598 ARTICLES BY Edwin Lopez
- June 18, 2018 India, China retaliate against US tariffs
- June 15, 2018 Tariffs on Chinese imports start July 6
- June 14, 2018 Phase 2: Big Pharma expands its blockchain experiment
- June 12, 2018 People still 'reign supreme' in the warehouse
- June 11, 2018 Expansion projects lead Mobile, Philadelphia to rise in Top 20 ports list
- June 7, 2018 East Coast ports to see 6-year labor peace as ILA, USMX strike deal
- June 7, 2018 Airbus to test urban and port drone delivery in Singapore
- June 6, 2018 Dick's plans new warehouses to speed up its supply chain
- June 5, 2018 Emergency fuel surcharges create a 'crisis point'
- June 4, 2018 Why 2018 is the year of modernization for Target
- June 4, 2018 Walmart, Target race to fill Toys R Us void
- May 31, 2018 US moves forward with steel tariffs on EU, Canada, Mexico
- May 31, 2018 UK food supply chain unveils Brexit 'manifesto'
- May 29, 2018 US slaps 25% tariff on $50B of Chinese imports
- May 29, 2018 UPS raises 'overmax' shipping fees to stem operating costs
- May 24, 2018 Port labor battle heats up on Delaware River
- May 23, 2018 New trade deals lead Maersk to add trans-Atlantic loop
- May 23, 2018 China's scrap ban leaves supply chain unsettled
- May 22, 2018 UPS bets on cross-border infrastructure, boosts investment
- May 21, 2018 11 technologies set to shape smart manufacturing
- May 21, 2018 Home Depot returns to Gartner's Top 25 with focus on omnichannel
- May 18, 2018 Negotiators blow past NAFTA deadline but plan to resume talks
- May 16, 2018 After a labor dispute, Coast Guard intervenes to restore traffic at Toledo terminal
- May 16, 2018 Treating supply chain as a cost center leaves value on the table
- May 15, 2018 Warehouse robotics are catching on, but to a limited scale