Allegis Global Solutions (AGS), the leading provider of global workforce solutions, has introduced a Supply Chain Mentorship Program aimed at elevating selected certified diverse-owned suppliers to be more competitive and better positioned in the managed service provider (MSP) space. During the pilot program in 2022, mentee suppliers saw an average increase in job starts of 64%, an average increase in spend of 27% and a 180% increase in active assignments.
The Supply Chain Mentorship Program is designed to match participating suppliers with customers’ evolving strategic needs in areas such as diverse candidate pools, certified diverse spend and upskilling programs.
“At AGS, we know that the road to greater diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is a journey that needs to be made with intention,” said Cory Hansen, AGS vice president of North America. “The Supply Chain Mentorship Program is one way we’re trying to impact DEI in the marketplace. By providing access and opportunity to suppliers who have demonstrated high degrees of partnership and performance within our programs, we’re able to not only impact their business but also provide greater value to our customers.”
The year-long program addresses areas of impact to supplier success, including:
- Data and Insights – Access to AGS’ Acumen® Intelligent Workforce Platform, scorecard insights and training.
- Strategic Guidance – Access to supplier insights, action plans and targets, as well as program insights from experienced AGS operations leadership.
- Communication and Feedback – Formal supplier introductions to AGS’ Supply Chain Management Team, as well as mid-year and year-end reviews.
- Training and Development – Participation in the RFP process with AGS and learn best practices for success in the bid process, as well as further operations and business development training.
- Alumni Support – Enhanced opportunities and access in the following year post-program, including an invitation to AGS’ annual Strategic Supplier Summit to network with AGS leadership and AGS’ top-performing suppliers, continued engagement with the AGS Supply Chain Management team, operations-related training events, and market knowledge sharing via focus groups.
One of the suppliers that participated in the pilot program, BravoTECH, recently appeared on an AGS’ Subject to Talent podcast to discuss how the mentorship has impacted their success.
“For us, it was really about visibility. As a staffing partner, being able to get in front of the supply chain team and key stakeholders can take a long time – months, maybe years,” said Kristen Lindner, vice president of strategic accounts at BravoTECH. “Being a part of the mentorship program last year gave us access to the relationships that helped us learn about AGS’ portfolio and position us to sell our strengths and what BravoTECH brings to the table for AGS’ customers.”
The mentorship program officially launched in January 2023, with four certified-diverse suppliers participating from across North America: Agility Partners, HireTalent, Omni Inclusive and Primary Talent Partners. Participating suppliers were identified by AGS’ Supply Chain Management (SCM) team in collaboration with several client program offices.
For more information about AGS’ industry-leading products and services, visit www.allegisglobalsolutions.com or subscribe to the AGS blog at https://blog.allegisglobalsolutions.com.
As the global leader in workforce solutions, Allegis Global Solutions (AGS) helps companies transform their people into a competitive advantage. With services in 100+ countries, our teams design workforces built for impact by delivering award-winning capabilities in managed service provider (MSP), services procurement, direct sourcing, recruitment process outsourcing (RPO), consulting and The Universal Workforce Model™ framework. AGS is an Allegis Group company. Learn more at AllegisGlobalSolutions.com and follow @Allegis-Global-Solutions on LinkedIn.