Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Are you a thought leader in supply chain and compliance? Are you seeking an entrepreneurial role where you can make an impact? Become an important part of one of the leading mid-tier defense companies in the United States! As the Supply Chain Compliance Specialist (small business compliance), you will lead and develop complex analyses for the Land Electronics and Electro-Optical & Infrared Systems businesses.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Monitor, audit, and evaluate procurement compliance with government procurement regulations.
- Support government (e.g. DCMA, DCAA, etc. ) inquiries related to procurement documentation and/or processes
- Assist in the preparation for Government conducted Contractor Purchasing System reviews (CPSRs)
- Act as small business liaison officer
- Ensure and promote compliance with Utilization of Small Business Concerns
- Track small business progress; prepares and submits semi-annual Individual Subcontracting Reports (ISRs)
- Review and approve small business plans and reports from Lower Tier Subcontractors
- Recommends process and systems changes for efficient application of regulatory compliance
- Understand business forecasts and pinpoint any areas of vulnerability of company requirements, making recommendations on how to proactively reduce risk
- Evaluate the contract flow downs from the Contracts department and ensure the appropriate flow-downs are identified and passed on to Purchasing
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in supply chain management for a US Federal contracting organization
- Advanced knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)/Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) an other agency supplements
- Working knowledge of the Small Business Subcontracting Program procedures as they relate to FAR
- Experience working in a CPSR compliant purchasing system
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Able to meet multiple deadlines
- US Citizen or US person status required
Leonardo DRS offers employees a variety of benefits, including medical, dental, telemedicine, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) savings plan. We champion our wellness programs that focus on you and your family’s physical, emotional and financial well-being. We understand there is more to life than work. That’s why we believe it is important to offer such programs like our flexible work schedule with our 9/80 Program, competitive vacation and sick leave, parental leave, and adoption assistance, and community service hours. In addition, at Leonardo DRS, we believe in individual volunteerism, team volunteering, and charitable giving. We sponsor corporate campaigns, and organize and participate in national and local charity events and activities.
Learn more about Leonardo DRS
Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS NIS is located on the East coast of Florida in Melbourne. DRS NIS is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered, technically advanced, defense electronics for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DRS NIS manufactures rugged communications interfaces serving military Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence and Surveillance (C4ISR) initiatives. Products include hand-held devices, targeting scopes, night vision optics, laptop computers and vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and fighting vehicle applications. DRS specializes in equipment that allows communication between broad spectrums of battlefield interfaces.
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #LEL #EOIS