As the editor for Supply Chain Dive, Edwin fancies himself a bit of a translator – bridging the gap between supply chain professionals and daily news events. Whether it’s a plant shutdown, a spike in freight rates or a policy shift, his newsletter always seeks to explore the “why” in each event. He says he feels lucky to be a reporter because when he doesn’t know an answer, people actually answer his phone call or e-mail.
He also considers himself lucky to have launched Supply Chain Dive in August 2016, a week prior to Hanjin Shipping’s bankruptcy. Prior to that, he briefly worked as an Associate Editor for BioPharma Dive; founded The Caravel, a D.C.-based foreign affairs newspaper; and received an undergraduate degree from Georgetown University. He grew up in the border towns of El Paso, Texas and Ciudad Juarez, Mexico – so ask him about NAFTA at your own risk.
456 ARTICLES BY Edwin Lopez
- Oct. 20, 2017 Logistically Minded: Business braces for a strong start to the holiday season
- Oct. 18, 2017 6 supply chain levers can boost the bottom line
- Oct. 18, 2017 Trade tensions extend NAFTA talks to 2018
- Oct. 17, 2017 Behind the scenes of Walmart's new on-time, in-full policy
- Oct. 16, 2017 Industry Pulse: East Coast ocean rates fall to pre-Hanjin levels
- Oct. 16, 2017 What drives supply chain innovation?
- Oct. 16, 2017 Supply Chain Dive's influencers for 2017
- Oct. 13, 2017 Logistically Minded: DOT data backs 3 truths of modern supply chains
- Oct. 12, 2017 Tensions rise as CSX defends new model before frustrated shippers
- Oct. 11, 2017 Round 4: Will NAFTA talks end on time?
- Oct. 10, 2017 Railroads set to reach new deal with 6 unions
- Oct. 9, 2017 Industry Pulse: Rail freight sees record highs in 2017
- Oct. 6, 2017 Logistically Minded: The battle for e-commerce dominance amps up abroad
- Oct. 6, 2017 Is Amazon's Seller Flex a big deal?
- Oct. 4, 2017 Edwin accordion timeline test
- Oct. 3, 2017 CSCMP Edge 2017: Consumers, data and innovation will define supply chains
- Oct. 3, 2017 Spain strikes after police violence in Catalonia, disrupting logistics
- Sept. 29, 2017 Will Puerto Rico be the last straw for the Jones Act?
- Sept. 27, 2017 How execs can quantify the ROI of cybersecurity: a model
- Sept. 26, 2017 DHL Supply Chain moves closer to the consumer
- Sept. 22, 2017 Round 3: NAFTA gets wonky
- Sept. 22, 2017 Reuters: CSX halts auto shipments in OH yard
- Sept. 21, 2017 Big Pharma builds blockchain prototype to stop counterfeits
- Sept. 21, 2017 FedEx operating income takes $300M hit after Nyetya
- Sept. 20, 2017 Study: Hospitals can save $9.9M by improving their supply chains